Putting this out following advice!

This is not a wanted for a specific character.
This is wishful thinking and a couple notes.

TL;DR I am looking for a romantic interest for @Walter Thornley (app, tracker).

For this avenue, I'm looking for:
  • a slow burn, wholesomeness and mutual care of two people liking one another and finding reason to show it;
  • the romance that is a peaceful and safe place for characters to recover from everything else in my vile and numerous avenues of breaking them;
  • the romance things, the initiative, being curious in who the other person is, dates, gifts, poetry;
  • a dynamic between equals:
  • a growing power couple who get shit done, where both characters have ambitions and support each other in those;
  • a reason for my character to want and break some rules and be emotionally engaged in a positive way.
I Don't Want:
  • to break any character beyond repair;
  • to write suffering and failure without hope or agency to change that - suffering is an obstacle to overcome;
  • to write petty squabbles not grounded in anything plot-wise unless we as players both agree to;
  • to have Walter one-sidedly depended on as the person with ambition And a protector/provider And the one with the wherewithall and initiative - he is not anyone's dad, he's not looking for tools he's a big one himself thankyouverymuch, and he is, currently, very tired.
I have plots, I have thoughts, I have lore, I have ideas.

Important Note: Everything is a 'maybe' and a 'try'. And I would appreciate greatly if you tell me you 'maybe' want to see if something happens there. OR not be offended if cues are missed because, surely they are being so lovely and friendly and I'd be there for that too.

I would Not want a character to be created to the specific end of shipping, and very much would like to see a face that won't fade out if we find out that well, feelings didn't catch. Doesn't mean plots or character development need to be abandoned!

I ever and always support various dynamics outside this specific avenue, and it is much easier to invite into plots or connect other characters if I can offer a link through mine.



Walter Is cunning, resourceful, somewhat powerful and proactive in every aspect of his life (save for romance where he falters and is very vulnerable) - and he will have feelings for someone equally so.
He has ambitions and goals that aren't on his char sheet. He finds people that are as driven or competent - very attractive. I wonder why.

Same as with everything, best way to find out is to ask him (or me! because plots!).
Curiosity and attention to detail as in being able to see the other person as a person - are generally very sexy.

Walter has a very tender and sentimental side which has been repressed because that's not what was required of him. He's out of habit. He knows that.
He will be happy where it's safe for him to be softer and balance out the other areas of his life - as a lord, as leader of the Hunt, as an obscurata, all obligations and states in which he sees a lot of horror.

For all the tall man shadow vibes I'm told about - Walter needs to feel safe and to trust before he gets vulnerable or divulges things.
That is, not taking his legacy of secrets into account. Man needs to be handled gently and he will recover to be more beautiful in the heart and hopefully wiser in the head.

It also has to be said that he is not used to people paying positive attention to him consistently or with intent - past a very clear and specific threshold where they usually unload at him. He doesn't consider himself loveable, and is troubled about not being human as he was left completely alone and clueless in an ongoing transformation.

Unfortunately, he is hyper-responsible with a lot on his plate already, which means that if he gets someone throwing emotional or other problems at him looking for rescue, he will try to support, provide, resolve, protect. He's used to it being in one shape or another - the burden of duty. He does not like it only working one way in his personal relationships. He is used to people who do that disappearing from his life when he hits a limit (and usually snaps).

Fortunately, that means that if he feels like he can rely on someone, and finds it in himself to try, he will be extremely reliable, himself. He is attentive, caring and playful when he's not mid-overwhelm. Loyal to a fault. And monogamous, which is important to note.

Unfortunately, he has had a few prior relationships that have dissuaded him from getting physical until trust has been established. Grabbing him, especially by the right arm, is a bad idea. Trying to get into his pants might have him playing along - until he inevitably can't, because one night stands is not what he's looking for, or wants, or needs, however touch-starved he gets.

Fortunately, if safety/trust is there, he's very grabby, grab-able and adventurous in where and when. Repressed things are still there and all.

It needs to be noted, if Walter's boundaries are pushed, or circumstances happen to lead to the inevitability of that via another character where it would logically result in violence (physical or emotional) - the other character being ruined beautifully will not be a result. At the kindest, Walter will distance himself. I also have unfavorable opinions on my characters being put into position of being the source of violence towards others without my expressed and direct consent.
 
Back
Top Bottom